Minimum Required Items
STL Stereo Audio Playback System
Many automated radio stations use our Sd-10 miniature stereo Mp3 and .wav AudioFile player as their sole audio source.
The Sd-10/stl is version of the Sd-10 with one of the operating modes optimized for use as a backup audio source for radio and television Studio Transmission Links (STLs). The Sd-10/stl holds up to 255 AudioFiles on a MMC or Sd flash card. Just connect the Sd-10/stl's trigger inputs to the STL loss of signal indicator at your transmission tower. The Sd-10/stl will begin playing a random selection of the AudioFiles from the flash memory card. When the STL comes back up, the Sd-10/stl's fades out the audio that is playing, and then reshuffles the AudioFiles so that it is ready to start playing on the next STL failure.
Features of the Sd-10/stl include:
- Stand alone stereo playback of standard Mp3 (all data rates) or .WAV audio files (up to 48 K/16 bit).
- Up to 255 different AudioFiles can be stored. Capacity is limited only by the size of your flash card.
- Two unbalanced -6 dBv RCA line level outputs to feed external amplifiers.
- Audio stored on standard MultiMedia (MMC) or Secure Digital (Sd) flash cards.
- All configuration is done using a four position dipswitch. No software needed!
- Two LEDs show that the unit is alive and accessing the flash card.
- Two non-polarized optically isolated trigger inputs with LED indicators. Easily attached to PLCs, pushbuttons, motion detectors, foot pads, IR sensors, alarm systems and other controllers. These inputs can be configured to ramp audio to preset levels or to select and play specific sounds round-robin or randomly. Store-Casting and Music-On-Hold modes can play an announcement between each music track. Triggered SoundFiles can be set to accept or ignore additional requests once started.
- A Sturdy aluminum enclosure. Mounts in 2-3/4" Augat Snap Track, or just Velcro or screw it down. It is small enough to mount right on the back of an amplifier or amplified speaker.
- Up to two PlayLists available, depending on mode.
- Runs on any voltage from nine to twenty-four vdc. The low current draw allows Sd-10s to run from batteries or solar cells where line power is unavailable.
- Optional RS-232 serial port can be used to access specific sounds and monitor the status of the Sd-10.
- A ‘Starter Kit’ is available for first-time users of the Sd-10: Includes a USB flash card reader/writer, power supply and Sd card.
For a system that combines an Audio Player, Amplifier, Show and Lighting Control in a single package, please consider our Sd-50 line of repeaters. If you need to schedule when sounds and shows play, a Sd-50 with the ‘Atomic’ or GPS clock option allows 365-day scheduling for fountains, clock towers, carillons, churches and school bells. The Sd-25-w/DMX is similar to the Sd-10, but with more configuration options and an amazing fifty Watt Class-d amplifier built in. The Amp-50 is the same amp as in the Sd-25-w/DMX, but without the repeater.
Needs 9 to 24 vdc supply. Mounts on SnapTrack, Velcro or screw standoffs. Cables, flash card, mounting hardware and Power Supplies are not included.
Sd-10/stl Suggested Accessories: