Interactive 4K Ultra High Definition Video Player DMX Combination Kit
with Gigabit Ethernet, GPIO, Analog/Digital Audio Out & IR In/Out
From the smallest school auditorium to the largest theaters on Broadway, virtually every theater in the world has at least a simple lighting control board, and virtually all lighting control boards output DMX-512 to run the dimmers and fixtures.
The v-Xd233/DMX is a combination of the v-Xd233 video player, the v-Hd-to-DMX and v-HdGilderScript allows anyone to add synchronized audio and high definition video to any venue with DMX-512 in it, all without any programming or arcane knowledge beyond writing a simple lighting cue. You just drag-n-drop all your video content into specially-named folders on an Sd flash card, stick that card into your v-Xd233 video player, and plug the player and v-Hd-to-DMX into the DMX-512 network just like any other dimmer or light fixture. You can run as many video players as you have DMX-512 channels.
When your light board operator runs their lighting cues, not only does it control the lights, but at the appropriate points it calls up and plays the videos and audio. If the cue bumps the DMX-512 address assigned to the v-Hd-to-DMX to a value of 10, the v-Xd233 player will play whatever video(s) it finds in the folder named ‘playlist 010’. If the cue bumps the channel to a value of 25, the v-Xd233 player plays the video content in the folder named ‘playlist 025’. It's that easy! Since it is running from the same controller as the lights, everything will be in sync performance after performance.
- Delivers one UHD 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 @ up to 60p) video, or simultaneously decode two HD (1920 x 1080) videos with no moving parts to wear out or break. Lower resolution videos can be upscaled to UHD
- UHD-quality video is stored on a removable μSdHC, μSdXC flash card or optional mSATA Solid State Drive
- HDMI 2.0a video output connections supports resolutions from 640 x 480 up thru 3840 x 2160
- Supports HTML-5 and screen layouts with multiple zones of with video windows, still images and text tickers
- Gigabit Ethernet port or optional field upgradable M.2 (E) Keyed WiFi/Bluetooth v-Hd-to-Rf card for:
- Remote content updates using either Free, Enterprise or Hosted network management solutions
- Live Text, Twitter feeds, networked databases and RSS content feeds
- Synchronization support via Ethernet for creating video wall displays of any size
- Scheduling and day-parting using internal RealTime clock or networked time server
- Sourcing or receiving and displaying streaming video
- Eight GPIOs can be used to select and play videos (see the v-Hd-to-1/4J6 and v-Hd-to-DMX)
- Video codecs: Full UHD (3840 x 2160) and Hd (1920 x 1080) video decoding of H.265, H.264 (MPEG-4, Part 10), MPEG-2, MPEG-1 stored in .ts, .mpg, .vob, .mov, .mp4, .m2ts, and .wmv containers
- Audio out: HDMI & 1/8" (3.5mm) Analog/Optical for: MP2, MP3, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV (AC3 pass thru)
- v-GilderScript allows you to set up triggered video files, background looping videos and playlists by dropping media files into appropriately named folders. Eliminates all script writing for most applications
- v-HD-to-1/4J6 optoisolated GPIO to ¼-J6 adapter eases wiring to GilderGear or buttons and switches
- v-HD-to-DMX isolated DMX-512 adapter allows triggering sound and video from any source of DMX-512
- Compact size for out of sight mounting: 179.9mm W x 21.9mm H x 204.2mm D • 7.1" W x 0.86" H x 8.0" D
- Plugs into and is powered by any BrightSign player with a 15 pin GPIO port.
- The v-HdGilderScript allows you to have up to 255 ‘playlist’ folders on each BrightSign player. Each playlist folder can hold one or more media files. If more than one media file is in a playlist folder, you can select whether files will be played sequentially or in random order each time the playlist is cued. The files can also be set for ‘steppable’ (interruptible) or “non-steppable” (non-interruptible) playback.
- The DMX-512 connection is galvanically isolated. This eliminates the possibility of ground loops and other noise problems in installations with many BrightSign video players. The high impedance DMX-512 input allows up to 256 v-Hd-to-DMXs on a single DMX-512 line.
- Occupies just a single DMX-512 ‘dimmer’ address, or can be addressed on eight consecutive DMX-512 addresses to appear on your lighting board as eight ‘relay’ outputs (each output turns on above 50%).
- Two RJ-45 connectors for DMX-512 in and out makes it easy to daisy chain players. Uses standard USITT recommended DMX-512 pinout and off-the-shelf CAT-5 Ethernet cables and connectors.
- Three rotary dipswitches for setting the DMX-512 base address for the v-Hd-to-DMX. Supports both ‘zero-based’ (0-511) or ‘one-based’ (1-512) addressing (selected by a dipswitch).
- If receiving DMX-512 from any GilderGear, it will sense the presence of GilderChecksums, and automatically use them. GilderChecksums keep the v-Hd-to-DMX from updating on corrupted data packets.
Delivered on an Sd card, the v-HdGilderScript is a ready-to-go script that eliminates the need to write custom scripts for most applications.
It allows you to configure your video player by just dropping your media files into file folders on the Sd card. The v-HdGilderScript also lets you set what will play between triggered events, whether another video can ‘step on’ what is already playing, and whether you want your media to play in a random or sequential order.
Video formats supported by v-HdGilderScript: .mpg, .vob, .mov, .mp4 and .ts.