DMX-512 Receiver for BrightSign Hd, Xd & Xt Video Players
DMX-512 is the network used throughout the world to control theatrical lighting. Every theater from the local high school, to the largest house on Broadway, control their lighting using DMX-512 networks. The v-Hd-to-DMX is used to trigger audio, video and still image files stored on a v-Hd223, v-Hd1023, v-Xd233, v-Xd1033, v-Xt243 or v-Xt1143 video player from any source of DMX-512. The DMX-512 can come from an existing light board or another piece of GilderGear. Since it is trigged by the same DMX-512 as everything else in the theater, everything will always be in sync.
Anyone who can run a light board can use the v-Hd-to-DMX, v-HdGilderScript and a BrightSign player to add audio, video and still image playback to a presentation. The v-HdGilderScript allows you to use most standard media files on a BrightSign player without any manual ‘scripting’. Just drop your media files into appropriately named folders on a standard Sd (or SdHC or SdXC) flash memory card and shove it into the BrightSign player. If you send a value of ‘123’ to the DMX-512 address of the v-Hd-to-DMX, any file(s) you have placed in a folder named ‘playlist123’ will be played.
Features of the v-Hd-to-DMX include:
- Plugs into and is powered by any BrightSign player with a 15 pin GPIO port.
- The v-HdGilderScript allows you to have up to 255 ‘playlist’ folders on each BrightSign player. Each playlist folder can hold one or more media files. If more than one media file is in a playlist folder, you can select whether files will be played sequentially or in random order each time the playlist is cued. The files can also be set for ‘steppable’ (interruptible) or ?non-steppable? (non-interruptible) playback.
- The DMX-512 connection is galvanically isolated. This eliminates the possibility of ground loops and other noise problems in installations with many BrightSign video players. The high impedance DMX-512 input allows up to 256 v-Hd-to-DMXs on a single DMX-512 line.
- Occupies just a single DMX-512 ‘dimmer’ address, or can be addressed on eight consecutive DMX-512 addresses to appear on your lighting board as eight ‘relay’ outputs (each output turns on above 50%).
- Two RJ-45 connectors for DMX-512 in and out makes it easy to daisy chain players. Uses standard USITT recommended DMX-512 pinout and off-the-shelf CAT-5 Ethernet cables and connectors.
- Three rotary dipswitches for setting the DMX-512 base address for the v-Hd-to-DMX. Supports both ‘zero-based’ (0-511) or ‘one-based’ (1-512) addressing (selected by a dipswitch).
- If receiving DMX-512 from any GilderGear, it will sense the presence of GilderChecksums, and automatically use them. GilderChecksums keep the v-Hd-to-DMX from updating on corrupted data packets.