Program-in-Place Thirty-Two Digital Output
‘Smart’ Brick, ‘Dumb’ Brick & DMX-512 Input Brick
The Br-MultiBrick32 is a complete thirty-two digital output Show Control System. The Br-MultiBrick32 runs as a ‘Dumb’ Brick or a ‘Smart’ Brick.
As a ‘Dumb’ Brick, it is just like a big Br-MiniBrick8, with four times the outputs and memory capacity, and twice the inputs. It accepts data through its RS-422 or DMX-512 ports for RealTime programming.
To program the Br-MultiBrick32, you can draw the sequence you need on your computer using our included PC•MACs software. When your shows are completed, they can be sent to the Br-MultiBrick32 through the serial port. The PC can then go away. With the optional ‘RealTime’ license, you can program using the PC's mouse and keyboard. PC•MACs will remember exactly what you do and precisely when you did it.
Features of the Br-MultiBrick32 include:
- Automatic ‘program in place’ download through the standard serial port on your PC and the included PC•MACs software. It takes about ten minutes to download an hour's worth of shows.
- Each Br-MultiBrick32 comes with a minimum of 512 KBytes of nonvolatile memory. This gives a show capacity of over seventy-two minutes at thirty updates per second! Larger memory capacities are available if needed. Once downloaded, show data is retained for approximately forty years, with or without power applied. A ‘Write Protect’ switch can protect show data from accidental changes. Up to two hundred fifty-five shows can be loaded onto a Br-MultiBrick32 at one time.
- Networkable! As a ‘Dumb’ Brick, four optoisolated inputs or the RS-422 serial port can be used to start, stop, pause, continue, or access shows. Rising or falling edges can trigger different actions.
- When operating as a ‘Smart’ Brick, it receives time code information through the Smart Brick Network from a Smart Brick Brain to synchronize with Smpte, LaserDiscs, DVDs and other Smart Bricks.
- The Br-MultiBrick32 supports update rates from one frame per second to a maximum of one hundred frames per second. Different shows can each be programmed at different frame rates.
- The outputs from a single Br-MultiBrick32 can be fed to a Digital to Analog converter (like our single channel DAC-08 or four channel DAC-QUAD) if you need a 0-10 vdc analog control signals.
- The 32 outputs are rated for 150 ma. continuous, or 500 ma. peak. This can drive small solenoid valves, relays, LEDs and similar devices. Use relays for larger or high voltage loads (DRV-03, SSR-FS).
- Fits any ‘Brick’ card cage. These are available with from one to sixteen slots, rack mounted or not.
- The Br-MultiBrick32 runs on any voltage from nine to twenty-four vdc.
MultiBrick32 Suggested Accessories:
1 Requires 1/4 J6 Cable
2 Requires J6 Cable