Thirty-Two Digital Outputs & DMX-512 Input and Output
The Z-Brick is a complete thirty-two digital output Show Control System. The Z-Brick runs standalone, or as a ‘master’ or a ‘slave’ on a DMX-512 network. When running standalone or as a DMX-512 ‘master’, it is just like a big Br-MiniBrick8, with four times the outputs and virtually unlimited memory capacity. It accepts data through its RS-422 or DMX-512 ports for RealTime programming, and stores shows on standard Sd/SdHC flash cards.
To program the Z-Brick, you can draw the sequence you need on your computer using our Pc•MACs software. For smaller shows, or by using the optional ‘RealTime’ license for larger shows (shows with more than four Z-Bricks), you can program using your PC's mouse, keyboard and joystick. Pc•MACs will remember exactly what you do and precisely when you did it. When your shows are completed, they can be sent to the Z-Brick through the serial port, or you can drag-n-drop the completed files onto a standard Sd or SdHC flash card, and insert it in the front of the Z-Brick. The PC can then go away and the Z-Brick can run by itself.
Features of the Z-Brick include:
- The 32 digital (on/off) outputs are rated for 150 ma. continuous, or 500 ma. peak. These can drive small solenoid valves, relays, LEDs and similar devices. Outputs are protected against most short-circuits.
- Shows are stored on standard Sd/SdHC Flash cards for a virtually unlimited capacity (up to 32 GBytes). The Sd card’s ‘Write Protect’ switch can protect show data from accidental changes. Like all GilderGear, up to two hundred fifty-five shows can be loaded onto a Z-Brick at one time.
- The Z-Brick supports update rates from one frame per second to a maximum of one hundred frames per second. Different shows can each be programmed at different frame rates.
- Networkable! Transmits a full 512 channel DMX-512 universe to act as a network ‘master’, or receives a full 512 channel DMX-512 universe to use as a ‘slave’.
- Triggerable! Four optoisolated inputs or the RS-422 serial port can be used to start, stop, pause, continue, or access shows. Rising or falling edges can trigger different actions. Supports both random and sequential playlist commands.
- Fits any ‘Brick’ card cage. These are available with one to sixteen slots, rack mounted or freestanding.
- The Z-Brick runs on any voltage from nine to twenty-four vdc.
Br-ZBrick Suggested Accessories:
1 Requires 1/4 J6 Cable
2 Requires J6 Cable