Serial Device Controller
The Br-SDC-09 is a complete, stand-alone Serial Output Controller. It is used whenever you need to control any device that needs strings of RS-232 serial data (RS-422 optional). It can be used to with almost any serial controlled device. The Br-SDC-09s can be controlled from Gilderfluke & Co.'s Show Control Systems, PLCs or any other control systems. Just attach some buttons, and you can make your own interactive video kiosk.
The Br-SDC-09 can be set to send out strings on power up or in response to any of its ten optoisolated inputs. Different actions can be taken on the opening or closing edges of any inputs. The Br-SDC-09 can then branch to a different serial string or completely different ‘show’ if the response to the string is correct or in error.
Features of the Br-SDC-09 include:
- Fifteen different serial strings of up to 127 characters each.
- Plug it into the serial port on a PC to configure.
- ‘Write Protect’ switch protects against accidental configuration changes.
- Ten optoisolated inputs to synchronize Br-SDC-09s with pushbuttons, realtime events and other control systems. Two of the inputs use screw terminals. The other eight use a standard 1/4 J6 connector. These can be used in ‘binary’ mode to connect a binary coded keypad.
- Different actions can take place on opening and closing edges of inputs.
- Strings can include ‘delays’ of one frame to over nine hours.
- The Br-SDC-09 can send a different string, or play a different show if any string gets an incorrect serial response from the device it is controlling.
- Built in commands for Pioneer LaserDisc & DVD players, or Sony LaserDiscs.
- Supports both CAV (thirty minute) and CLV (one hour) LaserDiscs.
- The Br-SDC-09 comes with DE-09 female for general purpose use.
- The Br-SDC-09 runs on anything from nine to twenty-four vdc. It includes a small nine vdc ‘wallwart’ power supply. 110 vac standard, 220 vac on request.
- Br-SDC-09s are often mounted by their connectors or by the Velcro on their backs. Typically they are mounted right on whatever they are controlling.
Br-SDC-09 package contents:
- Br-SDC-09: Serial output controller
- PS-9vdc-200ma: 9vdc x 200ma Wall Wart (w/plug) CUI
- GilderCD: CD-ROM with all of our Software & Manuals
Br-SDC-09 Suggested Accessories:
Serial I/O Devices
1 Requires 1/4 J6 Cable