Serial Device Controller
The Br-SDC/422 is a small, stand-alone RS-232 Controller. It is used whenever you need to control any device that needs strings of RS-232 serial data. It can be used to with almost any serial controlled device. The Br-SDC/422s can be controlled from Gilderfluke & Co.'s Show Control Systems, PLCs or any other control systems. Just attach some buttons, and you can make your own interactive video kiosk.
The Br-SDC/422 can be set to send out strings on power up or in response to any of its ten optoisolated inputs. Different actions can be taken on the opening or closing edges of any inputs. The Br-SDC/422 can then branch to a different serial string or completely different ‘show’ if the response to the string is correct or in error.
Features of the Br-SDC/422 include:
- Fifteen different serial strings of up to 127 characters each.
- Plug it into the serial port on a PC to configure.
- ‘Write Protect’ switch protects against accidental configuration changes.
- Ten optoisolated inputs to synchronize Br-SDC/422s with pushbuttons, realtime events and other control systems. Two of the inputs use screw terminals. The other eight use a standard 1/4 J6 connector. These can be used in ‘binary’ mode to connect a binary coded keypad.
- Different actions can take place on opening and closing edges of inputs.
- Strings can include ‘delays’ of one frame to over nine hours.
- The Br-SDC/422 can send a different string, or play a different show if any string gets an incorrect serial response from the device it is controlling.
- Built in commands for Pioneer LaserDisc & DVD players, or Sony LaserDiscs.
- Supports both CAV (thirty minute) and CLV (one hour) LaserDiscs.
- The Br-SDC/422 comes with RJ-12 TS-422 output.
- The Br-SDC/422 runs on anything from nine to twenty-four vdc. It includes a small nine vdc ‘wallwart’ power supply. 110 vac standard, 220 vac on request.
- Br-SDC/422s are often mounted by their connectors or by the Velcro on their backs. Typically they are mounted right on whatever they are controlling.
Br-SDC/422 package contents:
- Br-SDC/422: Serial output controller with 10 optically isolated inputs and 15-pin serial connector
- PS-9vdc-200ma: 9vdc x 200ma Wall Wart (w/plug) CUI
- C-RJ12x3: 3 foot long RJ12 cable
- RJ11 ‘Flip’ Cable: RJ11 cable that flips the +Rx & -Rx signals with the +Tx & -Tx signals
- GilderCD: CD-ROM with all of our Software & Manuals
Br-SDC/422 Suggested Accessories:
Serial I/O Devices
1 Requires 1/4 J6 Cable